Canadian-made Canada flag laser cut pen blank for the PSI Bolt Action pen kits (PCKP80XX series). Pen kit not included - this is the blank only. The blank is bloodwood and hard maple (from Ontario). An instruction sheet is included with each blank.
Please note: these blanks are recommended for experienced turners only. You must use razor sharp tools and take very light cuts. The parts are very small and very fragile and require a great deal of patience.
Laser cut pen blank instructions
Tools & Materials:
- Pen kit
- Thin CA glue
- Sandpaper (120 grit)
- Insert brass tube into the blank.
- Insert the smaller laser cut pieces into the blank.
- Align the brass tube, making sure it is centered when the ends are trimmed.
- Saturate the smaller laser cut pieces with thin CA glue. Allow the blank to dry and repeat saturating with glue until pieces are fully coated.
- Once dry, trim the ends (do not use a pen mill as they are prone to chipping pen blanks that are thin). Mount the blank onto the lathe and profile to desired diameter using a sharp cutting tool. Remember to leave material for sanding.
- Put 2 drops of thin CA glue on 120 grit sandpaper and sand until glue is dry to fill in any gaps. Repeat until all gaps are filled.
- Repeat sanding until desired finish is achieved. Polish with the finish of your choice.
Price in Canadian dollars - blank only. Pen kit must be ordered separately.