Cactus Juice stabilizing resin by Turn Tex. This is a professional grade, heat-cured resin for stabilizing and hardening wood and other porous material. It is especially effective on those beautiful, punky spalted woods that are just too soft to work with! Cactus Juice is easy to use and does not significantly change the color of most woods. Cactus Juice is not toxic or flammable and is NOT solvent based.
This size of Cactus Juice (1 gallon - 3.79L) is shipped unactivated with the activator in a separate bottle. Once activated, Cactus Juice has a shelf life of eight to 12 months.
Items needed for stabilizing:
- Cactus Juice
- Stabilizing chamber and a vacuum pump capable of achieving a minimum of 29” Hg. Higher vacuum will produce better stabilized blanks. An electric rotary vane vacuum pump is recommended since it may take over an hour of vacuum to fully evacuate the blanks of air.
- Small oven to cure the blanks once they have soaked up the resin.
- Aluminum foil to wrap the blanks before putting them in the oven.
- Blanks to be stabilized, 10% moisture content or less – the lower the moisture content the better.
- Personal protection equipment including Latex or nitrile gloves and eye protection.
Information about purchasing stabilizing equipment can be found here.
Instruction sheet on how to activate your Cactus Juice and how to use it to stabilize blanks
Cactus Juice Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Price per gallon in Canadian dollars.